This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Asgard Forum Index -> temp raid archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Indignation and Asgard merger
support
77%
 77%  [ 38 ]
do not support (please post concerns)
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
uncertain (please post concerns)
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 49

Pint_

re: potential merger poll

gauging general support for merger of indignation and asgard

Last edited by Pint_ on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

i support the merger, i believe if we take some personal hits to our dkp and status positions within the guild now then we will be better situated to perform in velious.

yes from fabby.

I have some pretty good friends in Indignation. I like them. YAAAAASSSS from Heally.

Voted yes with slight reservation.  Not any specific reservation, just knowing something will come up that we'll have to let our officers work out on the fly and back them when they do.

Tar Radok

Voted uncertain....I am worried about where my bard will be in the line for epics. I have been sitting on dkp since I joined and I dont want to suddenly find myself way down on the list. This is my sole concern. Other than that I am open to this merger.

Tenderizing you slowly
Guardian of the Nine Realms

I can count on 1 hand how many guilds I have never had a problem with, Indignation is one of them. A good choice for a merger compared to most.

Dalven99
Odin's Beacon of Light

I'm in favour of this merger - we've been recruiting to bolster our numbers for Velious and having a tight knit group approach with interest is a great offer however making things fair for the members if both guilds is going to be important. 

Willfight4U

You have my support, For the Glory of Asgard, you have my support but don't fail me for it shall be the last thing you do.

Defender of Mjölnir

First of all, I have no issues at all with Indignation, they do seem to be a nice group of people. However, I've read through the comments and i find it a bit concerning that theres little to no discussion about this merger. I'll add my thoughts to the conversation.

• From what I can tell from our threads, Indignation has 25-30 active raiders, glancing at our raid logs, we seem to average 40-45 ppl on a sky raid, last quake we were 41 ppl and other planar raids seems to be between 20-30 people. With a merger those number would roughly land at 60+ for sky, 60+ for quakes and 40+ for planar raids (pre velious).
  • With returning players and the merger, we would then likely reach numbers way above 60+ for raids (In velious), my question is then what content that we would see as "contestable" would we need these kind of numbers for
  • Not to be harsh, but Rampage/Forsaken/TMO have more or less killed all raid targets on the beta server and knows these engagements by hand, I don't see us having more numbers making any difference in this race únless we commit a TON of time to the beta server before launch. I assume raids like temple of veeshan will be close to impossible to contest for the first couple of months due to this, and other highly valued targets due to this.
  • When Velious hits, I'm just concerned that the Old World/Kunark targets becomes massive zerg raids where people get frustrated due to the large number of people to distribute loot for (Epics etc), and meanwhile we miss out on the high end Velious content which we seem to aim for due to lack of experience.

PS. Whatever decision our officers find correct is fine by me. I'm not upset at the idea of a merger at all. All I'm suggesting is to take a step back, dont rush and think through this decision thorougly.

/scive

Pint_

top end velious kills will be about preparation and execution and not about racing. The racing will be which guilds can race to establish and prep a raid force for a pull and attempt and not an fte. In this respect having more high lvl members is going to put us in a much better position to accumulate the appropriate force in a good time frame and it is also going to make our attempts much more likely to succeed. Any guilds who are solely racing for fte are going to wipe on the majority of their attempts since you cannot simply zerg burn a velious mob when things get hairy like you can now.

ideally asgards only kunark related focus on velious will be trakanon for teeth so that we can form a VP force. We will still do our best to secure vs, ct and other epic related mobs for people but our main focus will be trak teeth in kunark. In velious we would like to be able to consistently down vindi, statue, velketor. Eventually we will want to progress to being able to kill tormax, dain, dozekar after which we will want to creep into the north wing to try our hand at a few of the ~15 odd dragons there. The only thing we want to be comfortable killing out of the gate is vindi, velious is going to be an up hill battle but I think if we shape up and get more disciplined then we can accomplish a lot, I think that an infusion of indignation will go a long way in making it a reality.

*the above is not the definitive game plan, it is just an outline of basic progression as I see it. It obviously excludes easy kills like woushi and kelorek and avoids the sleepers tomb key mobs. St mobs would be great but we need to see how intense the early competition for them will be.

Definitely agree with you there, Pint. I always loved raiding Velious and higher mobs for that reason. A guild could beat you to the mob, but if they failed, it instantly went to the next attempt. These mobs are no joke, too. Watching guilds wipe to Statue or AoW was always fun. :p

KAYSO99
Inactive
Odin's Beacon of Light

I don't disagree with the tentative idea of a plan that Pint laid about above.

It will be interesting to see if Rampage and Foreskin try to stay non-kos with CoV by killing in HoT so that they can run/race to Lendeniaria and to North without killing drakes.  I'm also predicting BDA and Taken will eye HoT, but we will see.

We shouldn't be adverse to the idea of farming Goz and Telk and molds in West if that is the path to the greatest amount of loot.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Asgard Forum Index -> temp raid archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: