View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suvani_T

re: Hi! New member here

Hey there Asgard! I am a new member as of Sunday. My main character is Suvani.  Have vent set up as well as Batphone notifications on my cell. I wanted to introduce myself and am excited to grow as an EQ player with you all. I've got your average chemists hours, 7-4p M-F, weekends off for availability. I am a level 51 HEF Bard and am currently working on becoming a Tier 2 Raider. I have read through most of the Valhalla forum sections and want to give a tip of the hat to your discipline and experience. I do have some odds and ends for questions to be cleared up.

1) To keep up with the 20% raid attendance what raids will my currently level allow me to comply with?

2) Lots of nomenclature and acronyms I saw going on in guild chat that I've never read before.. "Sock", "window" and some others. 

Other questions can be answered in game, until than my priorities will be grinding to 60 and working on getting equipment for the next tier stage. 

Thanks! <wave>

Tibmit
Asgardian

I was in a similar situation as yourself so I'll answer some questions despite being new myself.

1) I app'ed when I was around your level but found myself woefully lacking the levels to be safe and successful during a raid. Dont worry about having low attendance and remaining an App for longer than intended if you need to grind out exp, it's well worth it and Velious is not going anywhere on this server! Many raids are taking place in either kael or temple veeshan. It is encouraged that you have level 58+ and the relevant resists for ToV however. With a focus on exp grouping and limited playtime hitting 20% before getting 58+ will probably be impossible tbh, but you will get there!

2) Bosses (Raid mobs) are on a variance window. Generally this means they will respawn +/- 8 hours from the due spawn time (being 0). leading to a 16 hour 'window'. Quite often calls will be made that we are tracking 'x' mob. This is when people will buff up their characters and camp at the appropriate location in anticipation of this mob spawning (and log in when twitter flashes, or when we are playing alts).

Suvani_T

Marchand405 wrote:

I was in a similar situation as yourself so I'll answer some questions despite being new myself.

1) I app'ed when I was around your level but found myself woefully lacking the levels to be safe and successful during a raid. Dont worry about having low attendance and remaining an App for longer than intended if you need to grind out exp, it's well worth it and Velious is not going anywhere on this server! Many raids are taking place in either kael or temple veeshan. It is encouraged that you have level 58+ and the relevant resists for ToV however. With a focus on exp grouping and limited playtime hitting 20% before getting 58+ will probably be impossible tbh, but you will get there!

2) Bosses (Raid mobs) are on a variance window. Generally this means they will respawn +/- 8 hours from the due spawn time (being 0). leading to a 16 hour 'window'. Quite often calls will be made that we are tracking 'x' mob. This is when people will buff up their characters and camp at the appropriate location in anticipation of this mob spawning (and log in when twitter flashes, or when we are playing alts).

Great info Marchand, thank you. 

Pint_

march and nailed it. We spend most of our time these days doing higher end content so its best if you just bring toward the upper 50s during those times. You should feel free to attend anything in Kael, hate, fear, sky and anything in kunark though (these raids can be pretty sporadic but Kael is at least consistent).

re: re: Hi! New member here

Hi I'm morrainn, I'm happy to be with you, last night I could first visit tov, it was fun, I still need help to gain access to Ventrilo, I hope to spend aply and be part of this family
Kluwen Undercutter

Hey Morrain, try to hook up with pint as he can get you squared away with vent.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum